In our pursuit of academic excellence, we also host a number of centers linked to these clusters and schools, all of which are committed to research and international engagement. These include:
- African Centre for the Study of the United States (ACSUS).
- Centre for Asian Studies in Africa.
- Centre for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (CAAC), which is a fully-fledged academic department offering degree programs and postgraduate student supervision.
- Centre for Language Learning.
- Centre for the Study of Aids and Gender (CSA&G).
- Center for the Prevention of Deafness and Hearing Loss (WHO).
- The Maarif Centre for Turkish Studies.
In 2023, we received the Cluster of Research Excellence (CoRE) award, allowing us to collaborate with the University of Oslo on health, gender, and sexuality research.
Our extensive global partnerships include institutions in the US, Europe, the Indian Ocean Zone, Far East, South America, and the Australian African Universities Network.
Our rankings reflect our commitment to excellence:
- Top 400 for arts and humanities subjects globally
- Top 300 for the Department of Sociology
- Top 200 for archaeology program
- Top 100 for Development Studies
- Department of Political Sciences participates in the Global Classroom
- Host Africa’s only Master’s program in Tangible and Heritage Conservation
- Host Africa’s only Specialist Neuro-Otologic Test Centre.
We’re dedicated to academic excellence and public engagement, THE UP WAY.